Indigo, also called ‘blue gold’ is one of the most well-known dyes in the world derived by grinding the leaves of the Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria) plant. At one time, it was extensively used for dyeing textiles. The natural and organic Indigo powder is, however, altogether different from its chemical alternatives. Indus Valley’s Bio-Organic Indigo Leaf Powder is 100% pure and a certified organic product. Regardless of whether you want to go for a long-lasting hair colour or looking to stimulate hair growth, Indus Valley’s organic Indigo powder would suit your purposes. When blended with organic Henna, organic Indigo Powder renders a variety of shades like brown, light brown, mahogany, cherry and more.
Result of Organic Indigo Powder
Only one ingredient
Indus Valley’s organic Indigo powder contains only one ingredient—organically grown, handpicked indigo leaves of Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria) plant by dedicated farmers, dried and then crushed into a triple-sifted, microfine powder form. The Indigo leaves are doused in water overnight, which turns the water blue. This mixture is then sun-evaporated till the leaves dry up and become crisp. Once the residue is completely dried up, it is crushed to obtain Indigo powder.
Ideal for allergy-prone skin
Being organic in nature, Indus Valley’s organic Indigo leaf powder contains no chemicals whatsoever. Not even fertilizer or pesticide residues. The Indigo Leaf Powder has No-Ammonia, No-PPD and No-Bleach. Being completely chemical-free it is ideal for those with sensitive, allergy-prone skin. Indus Valley’s organic Indigo powder is, thus, a hypoallergenic hair colour. The powder deposits the color on the outer surface of the hair follicle and does not penetrate the inner layers of the hair shaft, thus forming a protective coating adding strength to your hair. A patch test of 48 hours is recommended for those allergic to vegetables or pollen, and applying the colour for the first time.
Treats multiple hair and scalp conditions
Indus Valley’s organic Indigo powder does not just colour your hair, but also assists in ridding you off dandruff, and assisting in hair growth. It prevents scalp infections and stimulates new hair growth when used regularly and treats many common hair problems like hair fall, frizzy hair, scaly and itchy scalp and many more. It hydrates the scalp, removes dead cells, opens up the pores and deep cleans the scalp. All this, in due course of time, strengthens hair and improves hair growth.
Indus Valley’s 100% pure and organic Indigo powder is certified organic by the leading global agencies—USDA Organic and ECOCERT. Since the powder is derived from organically grown leaves of the Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria) plant, it has no chemicals whatsoever.
- 100% pure, certified organic leaves of Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria) plant crushed into a triple-sifted, microfine powder.
How to Use
For short to medium hair length—100 gms For long hair—200-300 gms
For hypoallergenic brown dye:
- Mix 2 cups of Indus Valley’s 100% Pure Bio-Organic Indigo Leaf Powder with ½ cup of Henna powder and mix them up with some hot water to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste by utilizing the Applicator Brush provided glove covered hands.
- Leave it for 40-50 minutes. For darker colouration, keep it for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off in running water.
For hypoallergenic black dye:
- Prepare a thick henna paste with hot water and apply it on your hair for 40-45 minutes.
- Wash it off with water then towel dry your hair.
- Apply Indus Valley’s Bio-Organic Indigo Leaf Powder paste on freshly henna dyed red hair.
- Leave it for 40-45 minutes to get a rich black color, or 1-2 hours for smooth grey.
- Wash off with water or a mild shampoo.